Review design layouts/3D models that graphically show how the product is
* Check assembly drawings and piece part drawings that further
break down the consist of the product definition
* Collaborate with engineering
* Ensure Engineering notices are filled out properly and that they
convey all necessary information
* Confer with design personnel to answer the
questions pertaining to engineering practices and standards
* Provide counsel,
advice to design control personnel on potential problems during design review
* Check redesigns cause by field problems
* Keep abreast of changes that
are made to Corporate Product and Process Standards.
Some of the other
responsibility that includes collaboration with Global Engineers, and coaching
and mentoring of other checking engineers on engineering practices and
Developing standard work instructions and deploying and updating the
best practice process documents & templates for complex drawings. Also,
this position requires counsel and advice to design control engineers on
potential problems due to the form, fit and functional errors during the
Product design phase.
Additional Job Details:
Y14.5-2009 Senior Level GD&T Professional * Bachelor degree in an
accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum
* 5 to 8 years Engineering
experience * Familiarity with Creo 4.0 detailing/modelling practices
Working Knowledge on Teamcenter and related processes.
* Background in
drafting and technology * Strong competency in Sheet metal design / Casting
Design and manufacturing processes.
* Good Problem-Solving Skills, Technical
Know-how ability, Accountability
* Self-Motivated / Team Player * Ability to