he main function of a Wire Harness Designer is to provide support to the Wiring Engineering teams in the design of wiring and electrical integration and assist in the implementation of engineering projects.
* Perform concept routing based on machine backgrounds.
* Work with other systems engineers (hydraulic and structures) and define wiring harness routings.
* Understand wiring diagrams| schematics and integrate them into Creo 3D assembly model.
* Design and assist in the installation of wiring hardware
* Build on previous designs to better the efficiency of wiring systems
* Ensure optimize routing and components accessibility | Serviceability
* Ensure Design for assembly and Design for manufacturability
* Strong knowledge in Wiring Harness Design
* Good Knowledge of Circuit / Wiring diagram analysis
* Good awareness of Selection of harness components & Hardware's
* Good Product | Machine knowledge
* Awareness of Design for Manufacturability and Design for Assembly concepts
* Knowledge of Wiring harness manufacturing process
* Trouble Shooting & Problem solving
* Hands on experience on CREO schematic , Teamcenter and CAT design standards .
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills,
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronics / Mechanical required.