1. Mechanical Engineering having experience in NPD, VAVE, Engineering support activities
2. Expected to take ownership/accountability for meeting deliverables with quality, schedule and cost aligned with Project objectives and scope set for VAVE, NPD, Q&R or other engineering support activities with minimal support from Team Lead/Manager.
3. Develop concepts, design/select & develop components along with suppliers, develop component specifications for structural component (metal, non-metal) and assemblies, DFMEA and test plan.
4. Should have understanding on the Product development lifecycle, BOS, and should be executing Phase-gate process.
5. Good understanding of component design & Manufacturing of plastics, sheet metal, casting & machining will be an added advantage.
6. Basic knowledge in materials sciences and electrical systems.
7. Co-ordinate with a cross-functional team to implement design changes.
8. Basic knowledge in understanding material properties for materials selection considering application requirements.
9. Good understanding of GD&T for design application considering the manufacturing process & tooling limitations.
10. Should have experience in creating-releasing Engineering documentation (Solid parametric modeling, Drawing, windchill activities) in Creo and coordinate with Commodity, production, quality, service, aftermarket teams to implement the changes
11. Support Internal Team targets (POC, Disclosure, Team goals).
12. Hands on Experience in managing the projects through PLM (Windchill) / project management tools.
1. Good communication skills
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Job Description:
It is expected that ETC Engineers should have full ownership/accountability on deliverables with quality and importantly on schedule and cost for the Qualductivity projects lead from ETC.
The project must be following the BOS full CQAS Process - starting from interaction with Production management to get MRD and converting to design parameters, having cross functional team formed and reviewed those PDDs to get concluded.
With the identified design parameters, the component development has to be progressed with Supply chain team identified Supplier (S).
As next step arrives on quality proposal (s) meeting the functions and required attributes that meets the System requirements. Once this preliminary design is in place, various failure modes identified to mature the design (through TT Failure mode & Effect analysis) and converging to verification plan aligned with TT standards. CAE Analyses proposal to be considered to understand the TRL/TULS by the Engineer.
Once the design is finalized and various failure modes identified, verification plan put together & labs booked, DFM, DFS, DFSS assessed for any risk and aligned with CFT, approval from Chief Engineer must be taken, as per standard CQAS. Technical and process rigor are critical for the success of the part/component development & implementation activities.
With final design presented to Stakeholders, engineer need to get approval for the design, business case and resource requirement for next phase.
Through continuous interaction with test labs understand the progress on the tests and prove the robustness of the design/part/component. With the outcome updated in CQAS, it has to be reviewed with CE, SBU & CFT for approval as part of IDR3 and Gate 3.
With the drawing released, Gate 3 approved, Engineer must coordinate for the PPAP with quality team and follow on the preliminary discussion actions with Materials team for Phase in Phase out.
With clear agreement on PPAP and PIPO, Gate 4 presented and get final approval. With confirmation from Plant on implementation and cost savings for Qualductivity, the project can be concluded with lessons learnt captured.