* Review design layouts/3D models that graphically show how the product is to function
* Check assembly drawings and piece part drawings that further break down the consist of the product definition
* Collaborate with engineering design team
* Ensure Engineering notices are filled out properly and that they convey all necessary information
* Confer with design personnel to answer the questions pertaining to engineering practices and standards
* Provide counsel, advice to design control personnel on potential problems during design review phase
* Check redesigns cause by field problems
* Keep abreast of changes that are made to Corporate Product and Process Standards.
Some of the other responsibility that includes collaboration with Global Engineers and coaching and mentoring of other checking engineers on
engineering practices and standards.
Developing standard work instructions and deploying and updating the best practice process documents & templates for complex
Also, this position requires counsel and advice to design control engineers on potential problems due to the form, fit and functional
errors during the Product design phase.
Additional Job Details:
* ASME Y14.5-2009 Senior Level GD&T Professional
* Bachelor degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum
* 3 to 6 years Engineering experience
* Familiarity with Creo 4.0 detailing/modelling practices
* Working Knowledge on Teamcenter and related processes.
* Background in drafting and technology
* Strong competency in Sheet metal design / Casting Design and manufacturing processes.
* Good Problem-Solving Skills, Technical Know-how ability, Accountability
* Self-Motivated / Team Player
* Ability to communicate effectively