closely with design / lead engineer and take responsibility of design
activities of engine components / system using various tools / processes such
as Pro/E, Tolerance stack up, VDRA. Responsible to complete the design work
while meeting cost, quality and velocity targets.
* Work closely with design / lead engineer and understand scope of the
component / system design work and execute the assigned project as expected.
* Design various concepts of these components (Fluid lines (majority), Med
level castings/ Sheet metal) as per performance, quality and cost targets in
the required timeline.
* Optimize the design by doing required design study like tolerance stack up,
Packaging study and also updating as required based on input from lead engineer
/ supplier / customer / Manufacturing team.
* Should be able to provide required information about the project to the
lead engineer to support design reviews etc.
* Responsible to work with detailing, checking and releasing team in
completing the drawings as per Caterpillar standards as well as release them
* Regular updates should be provided to lead engineer on progress /
challenges and take his guidance as required.