* Own all models and drawings structure between core Caterpillar systems to include CREO/ Team Center/ EDS / HVC while driving consistency in the engineering execution of drawings release by approval and reviewing all drawing changes for a segment.
* Work directly with core NPI/CP teams during release planning and forecasting sessions.
* Provide greenbelt support for CPI projects to address quality or safety concerns from machines in the field.
* Work directly with product support, quality, and purchasing to provide resolution to issues.
* Represent engineering for solution for line down situations.
* Adhere to paving process of releasing the drawing to meet our customer's expectations.
Additional Job Details:
* Required Skill: Prior experience on non-metallic designs must for this position. Highly experienced in surface modelling & sheet metal.
* Overall experience with designing covers, doors and styling would be highly valued.
* Candidate must have Creo simulate (equivalent analysis tool) experience.
* Strong Communication is must for this position
* Proficiency in Creo - Surface modelling, Sheet metal module, Vismockup tool Proficiency in GD&T and Tolerance stack up.
* Strong knowledge in process and tools (Parts Toolkit, HVC, Cat Stds) - Desirable
* Prior working experience on Paving Products (Asphalt Pavers) - Desirable
* Must have strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, good mechanical aptitude skills
* Basic GD&T and design knowledge
* Desirable knowledge of Redi, Engineering Standards, 1E Specs, Teamcenter, HVC if available.
* Communication skills to relay information back to product group relating to multiple engineering teams
* Knowledge of how B/M structure relates to manufacturing and full consist requirements
* Knowledgeable of general engineering workflow and change notices within Teamcenter
* Knowledge of required signoffs and applicable workflow steps within PALs list
* Have a strong understanding of factory effectivity and implementation practices, work with MEs, Logistics, LCCs, and rework personnel
* Strong initiative to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team
* A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university or equivalent relevant experience.
* High Degree of familiarity with Team Center Application, Creo, JT Model Translation, EDS, releasing standards, Engineering releasing standards, BIQ tool
* Proven skills in effective communication
* Experience in Paving Products design EngineeringTechnical Skills Required Soft Skills Required Good communication & Technical skills